GOP Senators Drop Out of Panel Inquiry Into CIA Program - washingtonpost.com:
Pelosi had this to say...
"'Candidly, I wish that the attorney general had waited,' she said on CBS's 'Face the Nation.' 'A lot of things are being said -- 'Well, you know, torturing people is something that we did, but on the other hand it produced all kinds of incredible information.' It did produce some information. But there is a great discrepancy and, I think, a good deal of error out there in what people are saying it did produce."
So We did torture,
"...it produced all kinds of incredible information." but, "...a good deal of error."
So I think that anyone that supports torture should be subjected to the same treatment to see what kind of "..incredible information." could be gained from them.
What ever happened to our moral superiority to the Nazis?
Friday, September 25, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Who RulesAmerica: "In the United States, wealth is highly concentrated in a relatively few hands. As of 2004, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 34.3% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 50.3%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 85%, leaving only 15% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers). In terms of financial wealth (total net worth minus the value of one's home), the top 1% of households had an even greater share: 42.2%. Table 1 and Figure 1 present further details drawn from the careful work of economist Edward N. Wolff at New York University (2007)."
Monday, September 21, 2009
Will Israel Fall in Five Years?": "'The undersigned therefore take this means of publicly presenting a few salient facts concerning Begin and his party; and of urging all concerned not to support this latest manifestation of fascism.' - Albert Einstein, signatory to Letters to the Editor, New York Times, December 4, 1948."
Monday, September 14, 2009
Anesthesia And The Components Of Waking Up: "The world is now a Gulag Archipelago, run by the ruthless minions of the Rockefeller-Rothschild conglomerate. Its gods are money and power; its only enemy is the advocate of liberty. - Eustace Mullins, Murder by Injection, 1988, p. 188"
Sick and Wrong : Rolling Stone: "The system doesn't work for anyone. It cheats patients and leaves them to die, denies insurance to 47 million Americans, forces hospitals to spend billions haggling over claims, and systematically bleeds and harasses doctors with the specter of catastrophic litigation. Even as a mechanism for delivering bonuses to insurance-company fat cats, it's a miserable failure: Greedy insurance bosses who spent a generation denying preventive care to patients now see their profits sapped by millions of customers who enter the system only when they're sick with incurably expensive illnesses."