Friday, April 17, 2009

U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people | Reuters

U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people | Reuters:

"GENEVA (Reuters) - The United States has 90 guns for every 100 citizens, making it the most heavily armed society in the world, a report released on Tuesday said.

U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies.

About 4.5 million of the 8 million new guns manufactured worldwide each year are purchased in the United States, it said."

I once read that the head of Japan's military said that it would be insane to try to invade the U.S. "..because there would be a gun behind every blade of grass."

So the bullshit that the "patriots" spout about the military protecting our freedom is just that... BULLSHIT!!!

We protect our freedom, it's our responsibility not the military's. SO what does the military really do? They protect the interests of Big business, Big Oil, the elite.

As marine general Smedley Butler the only person to be awarded a Marine Corps Brevet Medal and a Medal of Honor for two different actions said,

"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents."

Yeah, I know a bunch of people that think I'm a commie bastard but I swore an oath to protect the Constitution of the United States, no shit, the school district I first worked for required it!

"..the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

1 comment:

SheaNC said...

Reality is sooooo depressing!