Tuesday, February 07, 2006

what the hell!?!?

WOW!!! The months of thanksgiving and the birth of the christ child, and the start of a new year were rocky. I turned 48, my daughter turned 10 and a dear little girl that was the darling of our hometown swim team ( the coach's daughter) died at 20 months old, the victim of a 9mm glock. It was of course, unloaded. Died in the arms of her father. I know for a fact that every child killed by an american smart bomb creates another "insurgent" . If I could place the blame on something as simple as a smart bomb for that baby's death I'd be after the bastards that dropped it. I can't though, it was an accident, a horrible accident. I still support the right of us peons to bear arms. PLEASE DON'T BE STUPID WITH THEM THOUGH!

2 years ago in january a childhood friend and old college room mate died in Mesa Az, It took that long for the news to catch up to me. A rumor on the phone, an internet search, an obituary, short, to the point, no details. Shit... heart attack, O.D. who knows, when I can I'll fork out the cash to get his sister's # off one of those internet people searches and find out. I'll call the first woman I fell in love with, the one he married and then divorced and let her know too. So even though it's a little late here's a toast to a man who's gone, Goodbye James Dolamore,Jimmy D. here's to all the good times and all the bad. Even though it broke my heart to see you marry Heather and take her away, I loved you and her and still do. My only wish for you now is that the silence of death surrounds you forever with peace.

-mike

2 comments:

SheaNC said...

Holy crap. I did not know. When I first started reading I was going to do some jokey thing about "48". But then the news about the JD. Damn.

Mike of the North said...

I keep coming back to that Jackson Browne lyric from "The Pretender"

I’ve been aware of the time going by
They say in the end it’s the wink of an eye
And when the morning light comes streaming in
You’ll get up and do it again
Amen