Friday, May 13, 2005

What's Wrong With Dating? A Christidan Overview of Dating and Courtship

What's Wrong With Dating? A Christidan Overview of Dating and Courtship:

This is the kind of crap that the christian right wants to base the laws of the u.s. on! Do you really trust idiots that believe in stoning girls in front of their parents homes?

" 'But if the
thing is true, and evidences of virginity are not found for the young
woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her
father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with
stones, because she has done a disgraceful thing in Israel, to play
the harlot in her father's house. So you shall put away the evil from
among you' (Deuteronomy. 22:20-21)."

3 comments:

SheaNC said...

Wow. I wish I had seen that a few months back. I remember making a comment on that "nashville" blog way back when, regarding the gay marriage thing. I stated that marriage had evolved over time, developing into its modern form which is different from it's ancient form(s), and that the contemporary notion of "romantic love" was, historically, a comparitively recent development. Needless to say, nashville guy practically had a cow over that one. Couldn't conceive of the possibility of anything except absolute sunday-school literalism; that god created things exactly as they are now and that's that. Why can't they just go create their taliban theocracy someplace else?

Mike of the North said...

I can't even respond to that dick anymore.

SheaNC said...

Nor I. If he shows up on my blog or directs a comment to me somewhere else, I'll answer. But his site contains way too much stupidity anymore.